Monday 16 November 2009


A large study was done in the UK to find out what people actually do eat , in particular children and the result was that British mothers make the same 9 recipes over and over again, resulting in this list of foods
mince
lamb
beef
pork sausages
chicken
white pasta
canned tomatoes
potatoes
carrots
frozen peas
butter
cheese
tomato sauce
white rice
white bread
jam
cereals
milk
yogurt
crisps
chocolate and sweets
cold drinks
cakes and biscuits
and the very occasional piece of fruit and small sip of water.
I have my recipes all written out and I do cook the same ones again and again and I do spend alot of time thinking about what my kids are eating so what was my list ?
onions raw chocolate
carrots goji berries
garlic raisins
celery almonds
courgette cod liver oil
tomatoes haddock
kidney beans salmon
spinach cheese
butternut feta
barley plain yogurt
leek beetroot
parsley ww pasta
potatoes homemade flapjacks
cabbage homemade banana bread
cauliflower homemade apple cake
homemade hummus broad bean dip
avocados homemade salsa
home made ciabbata homemade sweetcorn bread
frozen peas
quinoa
cucumber
bell peppers
mint
spring onions
coriander
dill
olive oil
mushrooms
tomato puree
lentils
soya milk
oats
more than 500 ml of water each day and 2 to 3 pieces of fruit in the winter and up to 6 in the summer.
and whats interesting is my kids eat alot and they do not eat school dinners, and I am still spending 1/4 of what the other moms do on food.
I should concentrate on adding more nuts and seeds.
what is your food list ?

No comments: